MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire an Asylum Support Officer – Interim Support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
· Support the organisation of the QPTS horizontal thematic exchange meetings across Operations and its follow up activities.
· Support the organisation and facilitation of thematic workshops in support to Operations.
· Draft working documents, including concept notes, briefing notes, speaking points, technical documents, reports and other documents.
· Contribute to the development of operational tools and good practices to Operations.
· Support EUAA operations by giving technical advice, quality reviews, coaching, assessments, etc. as required, in areas related to asylum and vulnerability.
· Where needed participate in missions, external meetings and conferences and activities related to asylum processes and Vulnerable groups.
· Perform any other duties required in the interest of the service as required by Head of Sector.
· A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma.
· Proven experience of at least 4 years in the field of international protection – asylum procedures.
· Sound knowledge of CEAS and its implementation in EU MS.
· Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL).
· Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications.
· Excellent drafting skills.
· Flexibility to undertake regular missions in different EU+ MS.
· Completed university degree, preferably in the fields of international law, international relations, political science, development cooperation.
· Good understanding of the European asylum contexts.
· Demonstrated previous minimum experience of 4 years working on asylum related matters in national asylum administrations and/or International Organization and NGOs.
· Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations.
· International working experience.
· Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
· Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills.
· Ability to work in different settings with capability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and being flexible.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Friday 26th of May 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.