MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are currently seeking to recruit an Operations Assistant – interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Operations Assistant works under the supervision of EUOS Coordinator, performing the following tasks:
· Provide support to the EUOS country coordination teams for the implementation of EUAA Operational Plan activities
· Provide operational and practical support for specific daily activities in field operations
· Support with logistic arrangements for field country operations
· Support with capturing the needs from the country coordination teams and ASTs and linking with relevant Admin Cluster for the timely preparation of the relevant order forms, transmission of timesheets and payment related processes
· Support the development of guidelines and procedures to ensure harmonisation of workflows and procedures across the different teams
· Support with internal and external stakeholders’ management, including liaising and act as focal point for specific activities implementation
· Contribute to reports and statistics and provide inputs for briefing requests, state of play of operations, provided services and challenges
· Support in document management, keeping records and managing tools and databases for the team in order to ensure comprehensive and full overview of information and material
· Draft documents, templates, minutes and reports
· Provide support in organising meetings, training activities and events when necessary
· Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
· A secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience
· Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on them by the laws on military service
· Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
· Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
· Be entitled to their full rights as citizens
· 2 years of proven professional experience in similar tasks is required
· Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL)
· Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications
· University degree in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies
· Professional experience in working in an international environment.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple tasks
· Very good intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment
· Good planning skills
· Accuracy and attention to details
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €33,475.68 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Friday 10th of March 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.