Our client, a leading accounting firm in Malta, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Assistant Accounting Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to work, with the option of hybrid work, and will be responsible for overseeing the Accounting department to ensure that all major projects are completed accurately and on time.
• Oversee the Accounting department to ensure all major projects are completed accurately and on time.
• Plan, prioritize and resource for the successful completion of daily tasks and projects.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients while fostering open communication to manage expectations and meet deadlines.
• Assist in the formulation of professional development and educational plans for members of staff.
• Mentor and provide technical training to junior members of staff.
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
• Establish and enforce proper Accounting and Tax methodology, policies, and principles.
• Assist the Manager to identify inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
• A University degree at master’s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
• At least 4 years’ experience in a Client Accounting role.
• Capable of managing a team, inspiring, mentoring, and supervising team members to meet demanding deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting.
• Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to prioritize and deliver within tight time frames.
• Knowledge in taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accounting Manager who is looking for a challenging role with a flexible approach to work. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package, including the option of hybrid work. If you meet the above criteria and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application today.