Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Compliance Advisory to provide advisory services and join a team of financial crime compliance specialists with clients from various sectors. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Risk and Compliance through a Senior Manager and hold a portfolio of clients.
- Lead and contribute to financial crime compliance advisory projects, including process audits, gap analysis, simulated on-site inspections, drafting and/or reviewing policies and procedures, drafting and/or reviewing staff manuals, and providing ongoing technical and operational assistance to MLROs and Compliance Officers.
- Assist clients with the drawing up and updating of AML/CFT risk assessments.
- Carry out internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and draw up reports and remediation plans.
- Coordinate regulatory examinations where the company is appointed for this purpose.
- Participate in short and long-term projects, including sanctions screening, review of suspicious transactions, ongoing transaction monitoring, file reviews, account reviews, file remediation, and customer risk assessments.
- Lead AML/CFT projects and provide support to team members to ensure that all projects are executed in a timely manner.
- Coach, mentor, and guide other advisors.
- Deliver AML/CFT training workshops.
- Provide internal support to the companies forming part of the group of companies.
- Develop and manage systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a Senior Role with at least 3 years of experience in an AML/CFT role.
- Possession of a University Degree or similar in a related area.
- Previous experience working with a regulatory/supervisory body or advisory firm will be considered an asset.
- Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing
- Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality work to meet strict deadlines.
If you possess the above qualifications and are looking for an exciting opportunity in compliance advisory, we encourage you to apply for this position.