Our client is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Payroll and Accounts Officer to join their Accountancy and Back Office units in Malta. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all book-keeping functions, processing payroll for various clients, liaising with clients on payroll-related matters, and submitting employment-related documentation to government or other entities on behalf of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience in bookkeeping or payroll, good communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Assisting in all book-keeping functions including bank reconciliations, posting of invoices and maintaining all accounts for receivables/payables
• Processing payroll for various clients
• Liaising with clients on all payroll related matters
• Preparation and submission of all employment-related documentation to government or other entities on behalf of clients
• FSS submissions to tax department
• Minimum A’ Level Standard of education, AAT diploma, or equivalent qualification OR proven experience of bookkeeping or payroll
• Good communication skills as well as fluency in spoken and written English
• Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Good organizational skills: able to prioritize, follow up and multi-task
• Strong interpersonal skills – outgoing but assertive when required
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Flexible and resourceful at problem-solving
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Knowledge of Indigo payroll system would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of Sage and Shireburn accounting packages would be considered an asset.
• Possess a clean driving license and own car
This is a full-time position, but the work hours are flexible and can be arranged to fit the candidate’s schedule. Hybrid work is also available, with some days working remotely and others in the office. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
If you are a driven, hard-working, and eager-to-learn individual who is up for a challenge, we encourage you to apply for this position.