Our client is a leading corporate service provider seeking a highly motivated Risk and Compliance Trainee to join their team of risk management, regulatory, and financial crime compliance specialists. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about financial services, compliance, and risk management and looking to gain hands-on experience.
- Contribute to risk management advisory projects by carrying out risk assessments, conducting thematic reviews, drafting and reviewing policies and procedures, and providing ongoing technical assistance to executives and risk functions.
- Assist clients in developing risk analysis, stress testing simulations, and scenario analysis of their capital adequacy and liquidity capacity.
- Provide expert guidance on policies and procedures, internal processes, and control frameworks to help clients improve and strengthen their risk management processes.
- Stay up-to-date with changing regulations in areas of risk management, governance, and regulatory obligations for licensed entities through research and analysis.
- Plan, support, and execute risk management related projects with clients to deliver beneficial outcomes as their trusted risk and compliance partners.
- Identify areas for improvement in clients’ business and internal risk management and control frameworks, and assist in implementing solutions.
- Make recommendations that add value to the risk management function, based on a deep understanding of clients’ needs and challenges.
- Provide insightful, value-additive, and forward-thinking guidance on top and emerging risks for clients, communicating advice in a thoughtful and structured manner.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, prioritizing and delivering quality work to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to high professional ethical standards in all interactions with clients and colleagues.
Education and Experience:
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in finance, banking/financial services, business, economics, accounting, risk management or a related area.
- Any internships or work experience in a risk management position, compliance, regulatory reporting, finance, or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management, including both financial risks (liquidity, capital, credit, market risk) alongside non-financial risks (operational risk, compliance, fraud risk), and compliance matters.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
Our client is committed to providing a supportive and challenging work environment that encourages professional development and growth. As a Risk and Compliance Trainee, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced risk management and compliance specialists, gaining invaluable knowledge and skills that will set you up for a successful career in the industry.
If you are a proactive, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual looking to kick-start your career in risk management and compliance, then we want to hear from you. Apply today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling career.