Our client is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their team as a Risk & Compliance Trainee. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced risk management, regulatory, and financial crime compliance specialists. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in financial services, compliance, and risk management. This is a full-time position, offering a hybrid work arrangement that allows for both remote and on-site work.
- Conduct risk assessments, thematic reviews, and draft policies and procedures.
- Assist clients in developing risk analysis, stress testing simulations, and scenario analysis.
- Provide guidance on internal processes, control frameworks, and compliance matters to improve clients’ risk management processes.
- Keep up-to-date with changing regulations in areas of risk management, governance, and regulatory obligations for licensed entities.
- Plan, support, and execute risk management-related projects with clients to deliver beneficial outcomes as their trusted risk and compliance partners.
- Identify areas for improvement in clients’ business and internal risk management and control frameworks and assist in implementing solutions.
- Provide recommendations that add value to the risk management function based on a deep understanding of clients’ needs and challenges.
- Provide insightful, value-additive, and forward-thinking guidance on top and emerging risks for clients.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, prioritizing and delivering quality work to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to high professional ethical standards in all interactions with clients and colleagues.
Education and Experience:
- A University degree or equivalent qualification in finance, banking/financial services, business, economics, accounting, risk management, or a related area.
- Any internships or work experience in a risk management position, compliance, regulatory reporting, finance, or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management, including both financial risks (liquidity, capital, credit, market risk) alongside non-financial risks (operational risk, compliance, fraud risk), and compliance matters.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for risk management and compliance, and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career, then we encourage you to apply for this position.